Friday, August 27, 2010

The battle of the move

Well we found an apartment. Rejoice! I was having a minor hyperventilating moment... but I'm pretty sure I'm making a full recovery. Now we have the joyful process of moving about two blocks south... with all the things we stuffed into a three bedroom house. Including a rather large solid oak however you spell the word that sounds like arm-war. (It's all Jeffrey on that one.) And then we started the magical process of stripping an painting a solid wood couch/loveseat. (shout out to Megan Byard... I am feeling your recent pain.) I hope to be moving in sometime this week. It will be nice to finally settle. I have been feeling displaced and living out of suitcases for a while... I'd like to settle at least one thing in my life.

And on the wedding front... we got a wedding musician!! His name is Hank, and he and his buddy play Celtic/Irish music live! Yay for one more thing we don't have to worry about. We got my wedding band today, and dropped it off to be sized... so now after the couple of errands we run this weekend, we'll just need to get food, and then burn some music on to CD's. I am feeling far less stressed about this now. I just need to get all the rsvp's taken care of.... and the world be a beautiful place.

1 comment:

  1. My only advice on the refinishing furniture is just to do it...and don't put it off! It's so much easier to do it that way. I'm sure it'll look wonderful...be sure to post pics :)

    ReplyDelete