Saturday, October 22, 2011

New Job, New Job!!!

... I know I got you all excited with the title, but it isn't me that has the new job, it's my husband! He got a new full time job (in addition to his part time job...I love that man) at Ryan's Steakhouse on the south side of Indianapolis... and today is his first day cooking there. I think it will be a change for him.... back to the ordinary grindstone of a restaurant job instead of getting to wear his chef's whites at a catering gig or an upscale restaurant. I am proud of him. He's working a lot so I can take a semester off working to focus on school. Though with my difficult classes.... I'm not making as much of an effort as I should be. Like this morning... when the alarm buzzed at 7:30 for my 8am class.... Jeff asked, "Well what are we doing?" and I said, "Going back to bed...." and so we did. Not the best use of my class time... but at least I'm not sleepy anymore, and I was able to get up and keep Jeff company while he was getting ready.

3 comments:

  1. What a good guy. My husband also works a LOT. Hardworking guys are the best! I hope you are able to focus on your classes better...what are you taking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Olivia's cold sores are gone! Whew. And the wedding is in the Russian Orthodox Church. We go to the one in Cincinnati, Ohio although that wedding was in Richmond, Maine. I think there are some Orthodox churches around Indy...you might want to visit one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been to a few Catholic masses, it would be interesting to see a Russian Orthodox service as well. My husband grew up Mormon, and I used to attend there... but for the most part I attend an Evangelical Free church. But I'm always open to experiencing new things. Congrats on the cold sores. I'm glad they're gone for her sake... so uncomfortable!! I am taking classes towards a phlebotomy and pharmacy technician degree. Ugh. Haha. :)

    ReplyDelete